Saturday, February 4, 2012

Febreezing the Brain

Okay, so blogging is harder than it sounds. It's easy to put down some random bullshit, like "Oh, today I did my fucking nails and the guy/girl I like looked at me and smiled! I nearly creamed my panties when I saw she was wearing a Twilight tee shirt!" And the general public's give-a-shit-ometer is pegged out at zero. By the way, for the grammar police out there, my use of pronouns in this blog has so far been entirely intentional.

Yes, I thought writing some bullshit on a daily basis would be easy. But there's more to it than that. Where's the real point? What is it I'm writing that readers actually WANT to read about? Smut, science, elephantitis, video games, beastiality, drugs... or, more importantly, what can I keep up a blog about that I not only know about, but can phrase in an interesting-to-read kind of way? Sorry to get anyone's hopes up, but I'm not writing about any personal peculiar sexual fetishes, tendencies, fantasies, etc. Well, not anytime soon. 

Now I'm starting to think. Is there something I can do with a blog that's never been done? Should this be my goal? Can I make a blog about making a blog about finding a purpose to a blog that becomes the blog's purpose? If blog isn't starting to sound like a funny word to you by now, try saying blog about bloggity more times. You're welcome for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment